Samsung forum

Question

Question/Problem about Samsung LCD TV LE26D450

by Midsomerlover / September 3, 2011 6:21 AM PDT

Hello,

About two months back, I bought this Samsung LCD Television. I am very happy with it and hugely enjoying it so far, however I am experiencing a problem when playing Blu-rays, and I was wondering if anybody might be able to offer some help on this.

Now, the problem I experience has thus far mostly occured when watching animation films (Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, Toy Story). During certain scenes when the camera moves, the screen or sudden objects within the screen flicker. Once the camera stops moving, the flicker dissappears. For instance, in the first scene of Beauty and the Beast when the camera zooms in on the colored window in the castle, the roses around it flicker but nothing else.

This is definitely not down to the Blu-ray player since I tried two different players on the tv and both had the same 'flicker" when watching those scenes.

I have tried other screen modes, adjusting colors and the THX Optimizer but nothing much helps. It really seems to be down to the TV settings, but I cannot figure out what it is. So if anybody knows what my problem is, I'd be forever grateful...

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Question/Problem about Samsung LCD TV LE26D450
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Question/Problem about Samsung LCD TV LE26D450
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Try This
by Mr Shaun Warburton / September 3, 2011 8:41 AM PDT

Turn OFF the motion Judder in the settings Menu

Collapse -
Doesn't work...
by Midsomerlover / September 3, 2011 5:57 PM PDT
In reply to: Try This

If that's the same as 'Motion Lightning' then that is already turned off, to no avail... Sad

Collapse -
Oh...
by Midsomerlover / September 3, 2011 6:18 PM PDT
In reply to: Doesn't work...

Just googled around a bit and it seems like many Samsung TVs have this 'Motion Judder Canceller' option, but mine doesn't. At least it's not in the 'Picture Options' menu...

Collapse -
here
by Mr Shaun Warburton / September 3, 2011 10:12 PM PDT
In reply to: Oh...

You will find it in the Plug and Play menu

Collapse -
Still can't find it
by Midsomerlover / September 4, 2011 12:51 AM PDT
In reply to: here

Hi Shaun,

Still can't find it - the Plug and Play lets me adjust some basic settings (language and stuff) but nothing else...

Collapse -
No one?
by Midsomerlover / September 6, 2011 6:02 AM PDT
In reply to: Still can't find it

No one else who knows how to solve my problem? Sad

Collapse -
Unlikely.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 6, 2011 6:07 AM PDT
In reply to: No one?

I've seen bad content before and there is no cure. The maker of the content is unreachable so I use by last vote. I return products that are defective in my view.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.