Question

QUESTION: OLD TV'S AND VCR'S

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have an estate that I am clearing out and I have come across alot of old tv's and vcrs. Are these of any value anywhere?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: QUESTION: OLD TV'S AND VCR'S
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: QUESTION: OLD TV'S AND VCR'S
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
That depends

Makes/models/sizes/condition can make a little difference. Generally though, it's garage sale/ebay material.

- Collapse -
Answer
Sadly.

I have a very nice CRT (tube) TV and folk will not take it for free. The VCRs are another story as folk still have VHS tapes they want to play so those go for 20 bucks each.

Sadly folk have asked me to deliver, install and test it all for the 20 bucks. I've learned to smile and ask for a Benjamin Franklin for that service and more.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
E-Waste or E-Cycle

High schools and other schools and non-profit orgs have recycle events and are often fund raisers.. Some will take all CRT devices (TVs, monitors) and old computers. But want donations for other items (printers, modems and cables). Some are able to recover some disposal costs directly from the mfgrs and are more than willing to take all you have, no charge.

CNET Forums