Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

Question; How to download a video from a website.....

by dreammaker0703 / May 14, 2011 5:47 AM PDT

Hello Everyone, I searched now all morning for help, how to download
a video from a certain website. this is not a youtube video, there is no save option... I am on the end of my ABC.

Please anyone could help?

thank you very much.
Here is the link to the video I like to save:
http://www.photographymarketingformula.com/2011/04/28/video-test/

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Question; How to download a video from a website.....
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Question; How to download a video from a website.....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: downloading a video
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 14, 2011 5:55 AM PDT

If there's no download button, it seems the copyright owner doesn't want it is downloadable. Otherwise he would have added a link.
So why not ask him for a copy?

Kees

Collapse -
downloading a video; why not ask him for a copy?
by dreammaker0703 / May 24, 2011 1:42 PM PDT

Thank you, but I did and never got an response.

Collapse -
That may be the answer (no.)
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 24, 2011 2:12 PM PDT

I find many users today have little respect for such things. Until they author something and discover they want to get attributes or more.
Bob

Collapse -
How about NOT
by EZRIDER714 / May 24, 2011 10:17 PM PDT

putting things on the internet if you don't want people to have access to them. Duh, seems simple enough to me. Devil

Collapse -
Let me ask this question.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 25, 2011 2:40 AM PDT
In reply to: How about NOT

Do you equate "access" to "right to use"?

That is, if you rent a movie, even for free, does access give you the right to copy it?
Bob

Collapse -
Not sure why it would
by EZRIDER714 / May 25, 2011 2:49 AM PDT

be free. But I equate paying money with the right to use however I want.
Sorry that might not be the P.C. answer so many seek. But I'm from the old school of vinyl LP's and when I bought one,I immediately copied it to a cassette tape for listening in my cars. I saw no issue with that,and still don't and I will always apply the same theory to anything I purchase.

Collapse -
But that is not the issue here
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / May 25, 2011 9:41 PM PDT
In reply to: Not sure why it would

This issue is a video placed on a web site which, seemingly, the author does not want anyone to share, however they don't mind visitors watching it.

Why would you allow any to copy that? It is, after all, their video, specific to their web site.

Mark

Collapse -
Only because of the underlying theme
by EZRIDER714 / May 25, 2011 10:38 PM PDT

that the internet was built on, Once you post it on the internet,any and all privacy concerning that posting has been given up. Nowadays all everyone see's is dollar signs,or maybe euro's
Should everyone here charge money, when they post an answer that saved someone a big repair bill? No I don't think so. If I really wanted the money, I wouldn't post the answer for free!

I could see you might not want someone to copy a video you made, then like I said don't put it on the "World Wide Web" for every Tom,**** and Harry to have access to! Fairly straight forward!!

EZ

Collapse -
Might be straightforward for you ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 25, 2011 10:57 PM PDT

but it's not the way it works. Viewing and downloading are different things.

Kees

Collapse -
If it works that way ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 27, 2011 4:11 AM PDT

why not tell the OP how to do it?

Kees

Collapse -
IDM
by KoolDesign2 / May 24, 2011 10:24 PM PDT

You need to install internet download manager

Collapse -
internet download manager.
by dreammaker0703 / May 25, 2011 2:30 AM PDT
In reply to: IDM

where can I find it?
thank you very much for helping Happy

Collapse -
Internet dowload manager
by KoolDesign2 / May 26, 2011 2:26 PM PDT

You can find it through internetdownloadmanager.com

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.