Phones forum

General discussion

Question about Verizon

by monty2589 / July 17, 2008 1:22 PM PDT

I have a question about Verizon. Well my mom ordered did the 30 days thing that Verizon does and within the 30 days you can send your phone back and exchange it for another no problem. We sent back the phone she got me to exchange it for another one this past Tuesday. My mom called them today to check on it and see if they recieved it and they said yes. Then she asked when they would ship the new phone and they said that have recieved it but it has not been accounted for on the bill or something to that affect. They said that it could take up to 2 billing cycles to account for or whatever and my mom told them that we can't wait 2 cycles cause that would be like 2 months. The way I take it is that they know they've got the phone that we sent back but it is in a warehouse or where ever the phones go and they don't know where it is. My question is, why can't they go ahead and send my new phone to me if they know theyve got the phone we returned?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Question about Verizon
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Question about Verizon
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Disturbing.........
by Johnny49 / July 18, 2008 5:26 PM PDT
In reply to: Question about Verizon

Well, as a long time Verizon Wireless customer, I have to admit that I've never gone thru the mail to purchase a phone from them. I've always preferred to go thru the local stores, for reasons such as this. It's been my experience, in the past, that Verizon customer service is pretty decent and somewhat flexable.
Since they've already received the returned phone your mom should just tell them that she'll just go to the local Verizon store and purchase the phone, instead of waiting for them to send you another phone in 2 months, which sounds odd. Let me know how it works out for you. Good Luck.

Collapse -
Another Question
by monty2589 / July 18, 2008 5:45 PM PDT
In reply to: Disturbing.........

We would have went to a Verizon store to order the phones in the first place but where I live there is only AT&T stores. It use to be that AT&T was the only service provider where you could get service but our bill kept going up for no reason so I went on Verizon to see if we are in the coverage area and we are so she switched to Verizon. Also the service here with AT&T started to get really bad and I had even heard that they had came in and took a tower out but I don't know if that is true or not. Anyways, will they let us go to a store and pick up the phone? My mom is going out of town this weekend and she could go by a Verizon store and pick it up.

Collapse -
Another question...........
by Johnny49 / July 19, 2008 7:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Another Question

As long as Verizon received the other phone back within 30 days, your mom shouldn't have any problem purchasing another phone from a Verizon store. Let me know how it worked out.

Collapse -
Thanks
by monty2589 / July 19, 2008 9:22 AM PDT

Alright. Thank you very much. I'll let you know how everything goes.

Collapse -
Still Puzzled
by monty2589 / July 21, 2008 5:48 PM PDT

Well my mom stopped by a Verizon store today and the guy called to see if she could go ahead and get the phone and they are still saying the same thing but the guy said if they could just go on there and see that the phone has been recieved then they should be able to ship it to me. Doesn't make sense I know but my mom is going to call Verizon tomorrow and see what is going on. She thinking about seeing if she could just cancel the line I'm using now and add a new one so I could go ahead and get my phone. My number would change but that wouldn't really bother me that much. Is this a good idea?

Collapse -
Still puzzled.......
by Johnny49 / July 22, 2008 4:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Still Puzzled

I'm just curious but, what phone are you trying to get? Why is it that it can't be purchased in the store?

Collapse -
Phone
by monty2589 / July 22, 2008 4:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Still puzzled.......

The LG Voyager

Collapse -
Voyager..........
by Johnny49 / July 22, 2008 6:49 PM PDT
In reply to: Phone

So you went through Verizon because AT&T didn't have service in your area. There aren't any Verizon retail stores where your area.
So, I take it you purchased a phone thru Verizon to start and within the 30 day trial you wanted to get the Voyager. So you sent back the original phone, all thru the mail, as the same way you purchased the original phone. And even though Verizon acknowledges that they received the phone within 30 days, it will take 2 months to send you a
Voyager?
And your mother went to a Verizon store and the store wouldn't let her purchase the Voyager in store?? I don't get it....
So how much is verizon gonna charge you for the Voyager?
Let me know because I might be able to help you out. Noo, nothing illegal or any kinda scam......
Talk to ya soon Monty.

Collapse -
Phone Finally Coming
by monty2589 / July 27, 2008 1:28 PM PDT
In reply to: Voyager..........

Sorry it took so long to answer. I've been out of town for a few days. Anyways my phone finally got shipped. My mom called last week and the woman that she talked to worked really hard to get around what was going on so I am really grateful for that. My mom got the phone for 170.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.