Windows 7 forum

Question

Query RE: MyPCBackup

by tc1000 / May 27, 2013 7:40 PM PDT
Is MyPCBackup a safe and legitimate back up service?
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Query RE: MyPCBackup
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Query RE: MyPCBackup
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I think the better question is about the cloud.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 28, 2013 1:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Query RE: MyPCBackup
Collapse -
by tc1000 / May 28, 2013 5:51 AM PDT

Bob,

Thanks. I looked further and found that after the trial period the monthly cost is fairly expensive. So, I'm not going for it.

Tony

Collapse -
Cloud backup is not my idea of good backup
by wpgwpg / May 28, 2013 6:07 AM PDT

Backing up to the cloud is definitely impractical if you have any volume of data because it takes forever. In addition you have to worry about security and availability in case the cloud provider goes out of business as some have. I use Easeus Todo Backup Free which is free and you can download from
http://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/free-backup-software.htm . The March 2012 issue of PC World was very high on the FREE program from Easeus and so is CNET. In my experience with a variety of configurations I have to say I'm very impressed. See CNET's review of it at
http://download.cnet.com/Easeus-Todo-Backup-Free/3000-2242_4-10964460.html?tag=mncol;1#editorsreview .

-
CNET has a lot of backup program reviews at
http://download.cnet.com/windows/backup-software/?tag=contentBody;sideBar .

Some of these are free (last time I checked there were over 300), some have free trials (over 1000), and some are purchase only (over 200).
-
External hard drives are best for backup. You can get a 500 GB one for around $60 and a 1 TB one for around $70. You can also buy a 32 GB flash drive for under $15. It's the best insurance you can ever buy!

-
I hope this helps. Good luck

Collapse -
Best PC Backup
by jamescarton00 / May 8, 2017 11:21 AM PDT

Well, I Personally use for my PC Backup application is Crashplan. Continuous and Secure Online Backup No Storage Size limits and Bandwidth issue. This Software also Compatible with Mobile Android Device Here is the multiple choice of PC backup but I recommended Crashplan: https://goo.gl/YCfbAS

Collapse -
Answer
by fhadamed / May 30, 2013 11:41 PM PDT

My pc backup is a good option for backup its SSL Secure Data Transfer, Multilevel File Security, Secure File Uploading and Downloading, 256-bit Encryption like features allow you to secure you data for more information and detailed review about mypcback you can read reviews, I have a resource here you can also find some pretty good review about this provider
http://www.cloudreviews.com/mypcbackup.html

Collapse -
Spam?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 31, 2013 12:11 AM PDT

You seem to have ignored what the OP noted. This post looks like spam to me.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Scam!
by ltyler441 / November 18, 2013 3:45 AM PST

Mypcbackup is a Malware generator, and run by crooks to boot. You will rue the day you fall for their claims. I must have been temporarily insane when I clicked through their menu, thinking I was just investigating, when they charged me $200 and refused to refund when I immediately (after getting CCleaner to clean up malware). Mypcbackup is nothing but a front for a organization which exists to prey on the innocent and stupid (like me). I cannot rate how the software works--I was attacked by computer problems in the process of loading up, stopped the process and called immediately to ask for a refund. No dice! There is nothing good to be said for Mypcbackup!!

Collapse -
Answer
They are ligit but crappy
by james.hume@gmail.com / July 7, 2016 5:50 AM PDT

My files are often unavailable when I try to download them. Have recently decided to use a home backup solution rather than them... tried to restore files... guess what, half of them are unavailable. Last time support were able to find them again, but the lack of accessibility worries me. Whether they can restore them again or not I will be using my own backups from now on!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?