General discussion

Query about Graphic Card compatibility

Hi ,

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Query about Graphic Card compatibility
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Query about Graphic Card compatibility
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
It's RARE

But the 8400 was a problem unit. It was subject of many issues and recalls. I would dismiss any 8400 troubles and move forward.

Then again I have a friend that tries to overclock and constantly has issues. Go figure.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thanks for your time and efforts , but the issue with NVIDIA 8400 and Intel 965 is history . I want to know if you have encountered any issues with the NVIDIA 240 GPU and ATI Xpress 200 chipset . I have configured PCs with Intel G31 and G41 chipsets as well as the X58 chipset ( Intel X58BP server board ) with NVIDIA GPUs cards ; No issues at all . I am just asking because I have no experience with the ATI Xpress 200 chipset .

- Collapse -
To that question. No.

And the Nvidia card with the 240 which I have has never given me any sign of trouble but it's on some Intel chipset.

I guess you can google it but keep in mind I can bet somewhere someone had trouble. And then with each card, someone somewhere reported trouble. My card has (keeping it to my hardware) been in the HP d4999t and d5000t without issue.
Bob

CNET Forums