Cameras forum

General discussion

quantaray QDC 900W ttl flash for canon

Does anyone know where I can get a users manual for the quantaray QDC 900W flash?

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: quantaray QDC 900W ttl flash for canon
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: quantaray QDC 900W ttl flash for canon
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Quantaray

In reply to: quantaray QDC 900W ttl flash for canon

The more I look into Quantaray, the stranger it gets.
It seems to be a company that does not exist, except as a name.
Still looking.

Collapse -
Quantaray flash

In reply to: Quantaray

Thanks. I went looking and couldnt find anything. I couldn't even find the manufacturer. Anything you find would be appreciated.

Collapse -
Still a mystery

In reply to: Quantaray flash

Quantaray appears to not be a company at all.
It is affiliated with Ritz Camera.
And neither Quantaray nor Ritz actually manufacture anything.

The Quantaray SLR lenses are made in the Sigma factory.
But many feel that they are not equal to the Sigma branded lenses.

I haven't found the maker of the flash units, yet.

I should learn more this evening.

An interesting mystery.

A couple of years ago, something similar happened with Radio Shack Canada. They made up a name, and were selling imported digital cameras under that name. It was impossible to find anyone to support the digital cameras. Even the clerks in Radio Shack Canada stores, did not know where they came from.
Radio Shack USA was unaware of this ... at first.

Collapse -
Found UPC

In reply to: Still a mystery

I thought I found something when I located the UPC for the 900. Thought it would lead me to a manufacturer or distributor at the least. HEE hee!!!! No such luck. Another dead end.

I cant believe you cannot find out who makes it. I searched thru pages and pages of yahoo; google; dogpile; retrevo, etc.. Even amazon, who sells the unit, doesnt have anything on it. THe analysis on the unit is mixed, as with most items, but overall it is positive.

Again, thanks for the interest.

Collapse -
whole host of Quantaray flashes

Apparently there are many "flavors" of quantaray flashes available. I found this comment on the sale of one of them in ebay:

"The Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ Series TTL Power Zoom Flash is made for us by Sunpak, so you can be confident of the quality"

Cant find anything in sunpak to find out if quantaray is "generic" of theirs.

Collapse -
Partially solved

I tracked quantaray to a company named Tocad America which is involved with sunpak. I emailed them and they promply responded with the following:

"Dear Sir,

Quantary is a name Ritz camera uses because they sell many different brands. Some of our products they put the quantaray name on but this, the 900, is not our flash. Please contact Ritz camera.

Thank you,

Sally Wall
Customer Service Supervisor
Tocad America, Inc.
53 Greenpond Road
Rockaway,NJ 07866
973-627-9600 x115
Fax 973-664-2438"

Well now that they say Ritz is the Key.

Collapse -
User Manual Found

In reply to: Partially solved

Collapse -
Thanks

In reply to: User Manual Found

How in the world did you find it???? I have been looking for days. I did contact Ritz. They told me to call the Quantaray service area and I might get a manual thru them. When I called the number of the Quantaray service area they answered as "Ritz service". Hee!! Well they were out for the weekend.

Again Thanks for the assistance. This closes this inquiry and thanks to you it was successful.

Collapse -
The Link is Now Dead

Mission Accomplished.
Link not needed any more.
Link has been killed.

Collapse -
ASKING for QUANTARAY 900 FLASH

Hello.
Looking in the net I find the link to this Forum, I see that someone got the same problem that me, May be possible to post or create a link to this manual.
Thanks in advance.
P.S. Sorry for my English but I'm Spanish.

Collapse -
Quantaray 900

In reply to: ASKING for QUANTARAY 900 FLASH

I found the files.

I will put them on a website.

I will post a link later today.

Collapse -
Quantaray Files

Collapse -
Manual's in pieces...

snapshot did a service posting the pics but it's a shame that his scanner cut off a lot of page info. Some pages are even missing. So download 'em but be aware that a) the manual's only for Canon cameras, and b) not everything is there.

Collapse -
found one possible answer

It seems that you won't find one company that makes all the flashes for Ritz/Quantaray. They used different companies to make different flashes. From what I've read, the QDC 900 appears to be a rebranded Promaster 7500DX.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.