Open My Computer.
Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
Select the View Tab.
Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
Click Yes to confirm.
Click Start, Programs and Accessories and open Windows Explorer.
Select a hard drive from the left hand side of the Windows Explorer window.
Select View the Entire contents of this drive.
Did you run an updated ad aware and SpybotS&D ??
Download and install the following programs, If they're not on your computer, yet:
- AdAware SE: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/
- Spybot 1.3: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
- Crap-Cleaner: http://www.ccleaner.com/ccdownload.php
Do a System-Scan with AdAware SE:
- Open AdAware SE
- First of all, check for updates.
To do this, click on 'Check for updates now', click the 'Connect'-button and, if there are new updates, click 'OK' and then 'Finish'.
- Now, do a system-scan by clicking the 'Start'-button.
- In the next screen, select 'Perform Full System scan' and click the 'Next'-button.
- Sit back and relax, while Adaware is performing the system-scan.
- When the scan is done, right-click in the list of items, that AdAware found, and select 'Select All', click the 'Next'-button and then 'the 'Finish'-button.
- Close AdAware SE.
Do a system-scan with Spybot 1.3:
- Open Spybot 1.3
- First, Check for updates
click the 'Search for updates'-button. If there are updates available, select them and click the 'Download updates'-button.
- Click 'Search and destroy' and then 'Check for problems'.
- Relax, while Spybot is performing it's scan.
- When Spybot is done, it will show a list of found items (or congratulate you with a clean computer). Click 'Fix selected problems' to delete the items.
- Close Spybot 1.3
download - CCleaner: http://www.ccleaner.com/ccdownload.php
Once installed, run CCleaner click the Windows tab
Select the following:
Recently Typed URLs
Delete Index.dat files
Empty Recycle Bin
Chkdsk File Fragments
Old Prefetch Data
- If you want to keep the Internet Explorer Cookies, then unmark 'Cookies'
- If you want to keep the Internet Explorer History, then unmark 'History'
- If you want to keep Windows Log Files, then unmark 'Windows Log Files'
- you're using Mozilla's Firefox or Internet Suite
- Click the tab Applications
- If you want to keep the Internet History, then unmark 'Internet History' under 'Firefox/Mozilla'
UNCHECK ALL other default settings
Next: click Options click the Settings tab
Uncheck: "Only delete files older than 48 hrs.", click Ok
Then click Run Cleaner (bottom right) then Exit (reboot)
I have never heard of Qsfeci
Does a virus scanner find it?
How about doing an on-line scan at:
Pls. let us know how you are doing !