General discussion

QB Pro 2007

Using Quick Books Pro 2007. Trying to generate a balance sheet in the reports section, but it keeps showing a large starting income then adding this years to it. QB's is supposed to reset the income and expenses to 0 (for report info) at the beginning of each year and apparently it is not doing this. I have modified the report, but it does not change (to just this year). Can anyone come to my rescue, PLeaaaaasse

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: QB Pro 2007
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: QB Pro 2007
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I disagree.

"QB's is supposed to reset the income and expenses to 0 (for report info) at the beginning of each year and"

I disagree here. I wonder if your classed on QB and accounting covered "closing the year" or "closing the books." Many new to accounting forget or disregard this.
Bob

- Collapse -
QB Help

Yes, I am and in the quick books help (and I agree) there are benefits to not "closing the books" and just letting QB reset, that is why I do not "close out". But for some reason QB is not doing this and the funny thing is, it is only bringing forward the past 5 years receipts not the past ten.

- Collapse -
Sorry for the typo.

If you say this is happening it it likely to be a bug. It's unusual to see "bringing forward" 10 years. I can safely bet the software has not been tested to handle bringing forward 10 years.

As the app is "closed source" all we can do is report the bug.
Bob

- Collapse -
(NT) Thank you
- Collapse -
Thank you

Thank you for your help. I know I can always rely on the Cnet forums for the best help.

CNET Forums

Forum Info