Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

How To forum


Putting space between words in YouTube search

by groovy3130 / March 27, 2015 3:22 AM PDT

Help! When I want to stream a video in YouTube I do a Search and type in the title of the video. My problem is I cannot find the space character in the screen keyboard.
So words are not separated by spaces. Luckily at times
what I am looking for shows up among the defaults.
Where is that SPACE character in the keyboard?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Putting space between words in YouTube search
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Putting space between words in YouTube search
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
(NT) Is this on some HDTV or something else?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 27, 2015 3:24 AM PDT
Collapse -
Got it now
by groovy3130 / March 27, 2015 10:52 AM PDT

It was in my Vizio tv. Now I finally got it. It was the horizontal line at the bottom of the keyboard used
as a space bar. I was using it earlier but I could not see it as RESPONDING at all. But actually it
was putting the space (only you don't see it being done - as if nothing is happening).

Thanks, anyway.

Popular Forums

Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions


Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!