I'd go in a slightly different direction. For an extra $28 I would trade it in for the HP dv6500t, which has the following differences:
* The Intel Core 2 Duo T5450 is pretty much on par with the AMD TL-60.
* The NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS easily bests the ATI Radeon Xpress 1270. Note that it has 128MB dedicated memory plus up to 767MB shared RAM (a combined total of 895MB), and natively supports DirectX 10. The ATI Xpress 1270 only natively supports DirectX 9 and the actual amount of memory is unknown, though its theoretical maximums are half that of the 8400M GS.
* Vista Home Premium offers the Aero interface, Media Center functionality, scheduled backups, and advanced games that Vista Basic lacks.
* Comes with integrated 802.11 a/b/g support, not just an 802.11 b/g mini-card.
* Includes Microsoft Works 8.0 to get you started with productivity software.
* Doesn't offer in-home service, but they do pay for shipping to the repair facility if it can't be fixed at a local authorized repair facility.
* Does not include theft protection, though it can be added. But considering any decent thief knows to circumvent that before going online I consider it overrated.
Both are nice options, but the HP is a little better deal in my opinion.
Hope this helps,
Hello, I am about to purchase this laptop and here are the exact specs:
AMD Turion? 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 (1MB/2.0GHz)
FREE! 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz
Glossy, widescreen 15.4 inch display (1280x800)