Samsung forum

Question

PS51D8000 DLNA = "Loading..."

by anakin_uk / June 25, 2012 3:18 AM PDT

I have a HP N40L MicroServer, which rarely gets shut down, that I use to share video content around the house, with no problems on anything else. But with SmartHub, it worked fine the first day, but then the File Manager type window started hanging with "Loading..." message on the top left of the screen. At this point I had to turn the TV off and back on again to continue using the TV.

If I reboot the MicroServer, it again works for the first day, but not after that. A bit annoying having to reboot my server every so many hours just to get SmartHub to work.

I have tried Samsung AllShare as well as PS3MediaServer with the same problem.
All of my other devices work fine this way.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PS51D8000 DLNA = "Loading..."
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PS51D8000 DLNA = "Loading..."
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Since allshare fails
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 25, 2012 3:21 AM PDT

I'm wondering if you can put the HDTV into the DMZ of the router.

I won't discuss how to do that since it's a little advanced. I'm also declining to discuss why I think that may help. It's something that helped a similar issue.
Bob

Collapse -
n/a
by anakin_uk / June 25, 2012 3:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Since allshare fails

Thanks Bob
My router sets a local IP address as a DMZ host (not a physical port). And I am not currently using a DMZ on my network. So this workaround is not applicable here.
Mark

Collapse -
Good luck.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 25, 2012 4:06 AM PDT
In reply to: n/a

This and changing the DNS are my top fixes for things like this. Since you can't try it, let's see what Samsung offers. To date they don't go near home networks.

Sorry to read you are not open to changes or things to try.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!