General discussion

PS3 No signal

My 42" Samsung Plasma for some reason will not pick up my ps3. It has been connected now for 6 months along with my skyHD, both share the HDMI port (i only have one) they share a HDMI multi connection box. I disconnected the tv sky and ps3 for 2 days whilst I moved every thing around in my front room. On reconnecting, my TV wasnt picking up the ps3. Ive tried resetting my ps3 with the power button(5beeps), connected directly to the HDMI port, swapped all of the leads around (my sky HD box works fine with all cables direct to port or via multi HDMI box).......My ps3 works fine with video cable - Red Yellow White. I just dont understand why it worked fine but now stopped....!!!! Any advice??

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: PS3 No signal
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: PS3 No signal
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Try This

Go into the settings menu on the ps3 and look for display. and video output and change it to HDMI choose automatic detection. make sue that the HDMI out-put is set to the same out-put as the Skybox, both should be ideally set to 1080i for Sky and 1080p for the ps3 if your TV is full HD.

- Collapse -
Ps3 no signal

Hi Shaun
Many thanks for replying.

Let me walk you through what I have done/tried.

I'm pretty cute on this sort of stuff but for some reason, it's just gone over my head....either my TV is bust or over looking some thing pretty simple.

OK here goes.

Set up - Samsung 42" Plasma TV - 1 x HDMI port (nearly 6 years old but still hot)
Sky HD box
ps3
3 x HDMI leads mixed brands.
connected through Rocketfish HDMI box (4ports)
Fault - TV not picking up ps3 signal (mode not supported)
fault only occurred after I disconnected all of the above, moved them around my front room and then reconnected every thing.

Tests - My Sky HD works perfect with all leads, through Rocketfish box or direct to HDMI port on TV
ps3 works fine with my fathers newer Samsung LCD TV, picked up HDMI lead was connected, select output option, bingo.....
ps3 (old fat boy model) has been connected via same set up for nearly 4 years until it broke, normal circuit board problems, newer slim ps3 purchased. Connected it in normal way worked perfect since mar 2012 till last Friday.

When fault first appeared, I reset ps3, power button held down for 5 sec, beep then release, switch back on.

Connected ps3 via video leads Red White Yellow, go across to Video output - select Auto HDMI
Select Display, Output mode, select HDMI, connect lead, select ok, wait for test, my rocketfish box picks up signal, switches across to which ever port the ps3 is plugged in, blue screen, no signal or mode not supported displayed, then switches back to Sky. Only can operate ps3 via video connect which is crap.
On occasions, a green black zigzag bar bottom of screen has been displayed, I don't know if this means any thing.
I would like to lean towards my TV being at fault, but its works perfect with SkyHD??, same cables, ports?
TV/PS3 worked perfect until I disconnected then reconnected everything?

What's your thoughts.

I'm giving up....

Regards
Ricky

- Collapse -
Try this

Remove the switch box and plug the ps3 into the TV then do the above and what happens?

- Collapse -
ps3 signal

HI thanks for replying

I have tried that, with all three leads direct from TV to ps3, still same message, MODE NOT SUPPORTED / NO SIGNAL
All leads work fine with my sky HD box, through TV or through switch box.

Display / Video settings set to Automatic, screen goes black during switch over, switch over to DHMI screen thats when message appears, then it diverts back to video screen.

- Collapse -
Vidieo Automatic?

Should be HDMI

- Collapse -
Ps3 signal

It is HDMI, typing error

CNET Forums