HolidayBuyer's Guide

Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

PS3: Media Server error DLNA Protocol (2006)

by gmontalc / August 18, 2009 9:49 AM PDT

Problem: Media Server error DLNA Protocol (2006)
One of the decisions for buying a PS3 was that I could (as advertised) stream videos and audio; Before the last PS3 update I was able to stream videos and audio from my PC without any problems, thereafter the update I'm not able to do it any longer... Media Server error DLNA Protocol (2006). I have google and search for a solution and I found a lot of people with the same problem but no solution, Please can you guys explain how to fix this annoying problem?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PS3: Media Server error DLNA Protocol (2006)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PS3: Media Server error DLNA Protocol (2006)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Are you talking to the right people?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 18, 2009 9:07 PM PDT

It looks like MSFT and SONY are no longer in sync on software issues. You'll have to wait for these companies to resolve this again but here's a thought. Since all this is closed source why would I think it's something we can fix?

Having said that, would you change from media center to something like Tversity? If not, how would we fix this as we don't own the source.
Bob

Collapse -
PS3: Media Server error DLNA Protocol
by gmontalc / August 19, 2009 9:46 AM PDT

Thanks for the reply and for the guidance, I have downloaded and install the program you have suggested and the PS3 is streaming once again, so far so good. definitely is Microsoft Windows Media Player the one who do not want to sync-stream. The only thing is that the FREE version program has limited features, but at least does what I want it to do. Do you know?... another similar program to take in consideration for a second choice. (just in case this one fails too)

THANKS

Collapse -
How about?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 19, 2009 10:28 AM PDT

orb
twonky
playon
twonkyvision

These are NOT items I've seen or played with but members mention in passing.

Good hunting,
Bob

Collapse -
TVersity resolve DLNP 2006 error
by Windows_suck / December 9, 2009 1:21 PM PST

Thank you for pointing me towards the TVresity. This program resolve my problem with 2006 errors.
Sony support should use this program to resolve this issue and not telling me to read the instructions on wifi configuration.

Thank you

Collapse -
by spiderenforcer / February 9, 2012 6:19 PM PST

PC Software made for PS3 but you have to tweek it to your liking (TVersity) IT WORKS!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.