Sony forum

General discussion

PRS-505 doesn't recognize sd cards anymore

I have two sd cards that I interchange frequently. One of them that I use to the most now has over a hundred books on it and now everything from page turning to jumping between menus is slowing down. I decided to put about half the books on the other card.

I put the other card in the reader and connected it to the computer and booted up the reader library. I put a few books on the card from my computer by way of the Reader Library. When I disconnected and tried to read the ebooks, they weren't there. I have tried everything I can think of.

(1) I tried a different sd card.
(2) I reformatted the card to fat(32)and reloaded the books
(3) Using the computer I transferred everything from the old card to the new card, thinking that maybe the reader wasn't creating the database.

(4) I re-flashed the firmware.

The one thing I haven't tried is purchasing a Sony memory stick and trying that, mainly because of the added expense in case it didn't work.

My Computer is an Acer. I'm running MSWin 7 Home Premium.

Can anyone help me please?
Thank you,
Paul

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PRS-505 doesn't recognize sd cards anymore
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PRS-505 doesn't recognize sd cards anymore
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -

In reply to: PRS-505 doesn't recognize sd cards anymore

bump

Collapse -

Does anyone here ever reply to posts?

Collapse -
Sorry.

But there are no Sony people here to answer. All helpers are voluntary and this forum is not very active. I suggest the more active Digital Camera forum if you want more exposure.
Bob

Collapse -

In reply to: Sorry.

Thanks! I will try them.
Paul

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!