Question

Project Management Software Recommendation?

Hello,

I am trying to find a very simple project management software that can track team members' progress on their current projects (about 7-8 members). I need each team member to be able to go in and edit throughout the process so a manager can see an overview. I would prefer it to not be cloud based, I realize this may create some limitations. Any suggestions? We do not want to use Microsoft Project.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Project Management Software Recommendation?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Project Management Software Recommendation?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Then why not old fashioned?
- Collapse -
boss says no

Unfortunately, my boss doesn't want to use our current Excel spreadsheet to track projects any longer. She says people will get in there and mess up the spreadsheet. Excel was my vote as well!!

- Collapse -
Then it's custom app time.

One of my old projects used a custom app to do PM. It was done and we all suffered with it so for now, when we do this it's the usual Excel with one person using Project.
Bob

- Collapse -
Another member wrote No Kahuna

Looks interesting.

- Collapse -
Answer
Scheduling Manager by Thoughtful Systems

Scheduling Manager by Thoughtful Systems sounds like it fits your needs. Team members can track their current projects in the program, and each team member can edit the process so a manager can see it. When a team member makes edits in the program, their name and the time of the edit will be saved. It can work as cloud based or not. It is a one time purchase price, so you own the software once you purchase. The software is very easy to customize and their team can work with your companies needs.

See http://www.thoughtfulsystems.com/ or call 800-759-2532.

- Collapse -
Answer
What about Easy Redmine

CNET Forums

Forum Info