This can happen if, for example,
- there's not enough RAM for what you're doing
- there's another program very busy with the CPU or the disk (could be Windows Search, antivirus update, malware)
- the hard disk is nearly full
- there's a hardware problem with the hard disk
Things to try:
- Boot into Safe Mode. How long does it take to start the program?
- Boot into normal mode. How long does it take to start the program now? If much longer: what other programs are using CPU and disk (check in Task Manager)
HELP.. Some of my programs, such as Photoscape, take 30 seconds or more to load with windows 10 ...Using Acer All in One .. upgraded memory .. spent hours trying to resolve ....