General discussion

Program to create recovery disks

For Windows XP, Vista and 7 which I have on different computers I am looking for software which will allow me to make recovery disks for the computers as they are when I create the disks.

VISTA home edition, for example allows me to make recovery disks as the computer shipped from the factory, but does not include the programs I have added since then. When the system crashes I have to individually reload all programs that I added.

I am looking for a recommendation that wouldn't cost me hundreds of dollars.

Thanks for any help.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Program to create recovery disks
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Program to create recovery disks
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
No such software today.

Those recovery media are designed and written by small hordes of staff.

Will a clone copy do? Will it be alright to TAX each owner with a copy of Acronis?

Bob

- Collapse -
Unless you are willing to invest the small ...

amount Acronis charges for its drive cloning/imaging software you might consider buying Acer computers in the future as Acer provides each computer with a copy of eRecovery which does exactly what you appear to desire.

Since you already have what you have the Acronis solution is much less expensive.
Acronis True Image 2010

CNET Forums

Forum Info