General discussion

program changes for Emodio recently??

I had just updated my emodio and noticed that I could not update/change the file info and album anymore. I remember that the feature used to be available by just right-clicking the song/video and selecting "find file info" or "retrieve album art". What happened?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: program changes for Emodio recently??
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: program changes for Emodio recently??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
program changes for Emodio recently??

bluecraving,

I'll see if I can look into this. Do you know what version you had, or have now?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
well...

I've got 1.0.8.8 on me right now. Prior to that, I could search the net for file info and album art. I had just updated my emodio a few minutes before my first post and the features were gone...

- Collapse -
well...

bluecraving,

I don't have any changelogs for what was updated, or why the new version was released. Unfortunately, I just don't have that, and the information isn't available on the Samsung.com site at this time.

There are two options.

1. You might revert your computer (using System Restore) to the point prior to upgrading Emodio. Since I can't really take responsibility if that goes wrong (and there's absolutely no way I can determine either way if it will or not), I'll offer option two:

2. I can upload a link for Emodio 1.0.5.4 for you to download, but since it's not officially from the Samsung.com site, it's a "at your own risk" download. If I'm not mistaken, that was the prior version.

Or I could do both. But unfortunately, I can't provide support for individual computers or networks.

Would that help?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
hmm...

If my current album art/song info for all my songs/videos would be preserved, I would opt to revert back and reinstall 1.0.5.4, but I highly doubt that because all that info seem to be embedded to the files as per their entry in the emodio playlists of mine here. I tried searching for the folders emodio might be keeping them in, but I could find any so I pretty much think they'll be wiped if I uninstall and revert. I will miss those features though, they were very cool to begin with and helps a ton in organizing your media in emodio. I just hope they would make it clear whether they are planning to replace this with Kies, I just hope it works with mp3 players too, not just phones, and that those two features somehow find their way there ^^

- Collapse -
Link
- Collapse -
hello

Thank you for this link. I looked into the general configurations again and tried checking the "Use Proxy" box but I do not really have a site where I fetch track info and album art. Emodio already had this search engine which is actually great. It's program animation kicks in while searching for track info and album art but I cannot remember the name anymore, only that the animation is some sort of orb emerging from a pool. Maybe they have cancelled agreements with the 3rd party program or something. If so, I really hope Kies can work with my mp3 player.

- Collapse -
Orb...
- Collapse -
yeah!

Yes that was it. Or at least, that is what used to be tapped into when retrieving track info and album art. Hope they have something similar in its place.

- Collapse -
re emodio updates

THis is very frustrating you would normally think that updates give you some benefit but the latest update seems only to remove gracenote so I am left without being able to identify the albums. I tried reinstalling an early version but I now get a message saying that it is unable to transfer files to the YP-Q1 brilliant thank you samsung!

CNET Forums

Forum Info