Have you tried those?
How can I get or retrieve the Product Key Number of a computer.
It is best to have a copy of the key number written down somewhere BEFORE a system crash. Most who receive a operating system CD will get a product key number with the CD. If you can't find it, use Belarc to retrive the information. It is a fast and easy way to have a record of what is installed on your computer. It also will show the product key numbers for all programs installed.
I've downloaded, run Belarc and printed out the information on every computer I own. I also have the original product key numbers stored with the operating system/restore CD(s). I thought everyone did this and was I wrong! I can't believe the number of people who can't find their CDs let alone the product key number. You can be proactive and organized now or suffer the consequences later. And if you don't, it can be very expensive if something goes wrong. How you approach this is up to you. Good luck.
1. Go to this site http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml and download the Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder (small program, it's less than 7K)
2. Extract/copy it to your floppy
3. During booting of the WinXP machine, press "F8" key then select "Safe Mode Boot with Command Prompt"
4. Upon the completion of WinXP Safe Mode Load, put the floppy conatining the KeyFinder.exe
5. Type in A:\KeyFinder then press the "ENTER" key. You should see the Windows ProductKey displayed
Notes: You can also copy the program from floppy into the C:\ root and execute from there
Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly
Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?