General discussion

Process b4 computer boots

My system is an AMD64 Athlon 3000+ attached to a MSI
K8T Neo-V(VIAK8T800 + 8237/R chipset)mobo that has 800mhz CPU, 637 DDR, and an OS of Windows XP Prof.
My 'puter would not boot to windows, and kept sending me to the optional boot page(normal, boot with CD-rom)
etc. I have Microsoft's XP boot discs which I copied
from their site, so I used them trying to boot to my
desktop. It boots to the desktop finally, but b4 it does, I get:
INtel UNDI Pxe-2.0 (build 082) copyright (c) 1997,1998,1999, Intel corp. VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adaptor v2.33(2004/01/05)
Client MAC ADDR 0013 D3 C5 DE 39 Guid 0002000300040005
0006000700080009 DHCP with a backslash line that spins
over a blinking cursor. After it spins to about half the page, it boots to my desktop. Thi is a bit long, but could not explain it shorter. How do I correct this, Please? It takes 5 to 7 minutes to boot up?
Thanks for ur help and suggestions.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Process b4 computer boots
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Process b4 computer boots
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
So you have a damaged OS?

Have you read about XP REPAIR INSTALL on google.com and tried that?

Now that you found a way to boot, at least you can backup what you can't lose, wipe the machine and install anew.

Bob

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Amen to that Bob
- Collapse -
porcess b4 computer boots

Hi Bob, no,I didn't know about XP Repair on Google.
Thanks for that info. I will try it immediately. Great hearing from you and Thanks again for all the information. George

CNET Forums