Phones forum

Resolved Question

Problems with updated Andriod kitkat .4.4

by cityfloristsg / July 4, 2014 4:09 AM PDT

After updating to andriod kitkat 4.4, my emails cant work, my sms keeps flickering from the default sms to GoSMSpro.Can anyone advise how i can revert my recently updated andriod kitkat 4.4 in my samsung note 2 to its previous andriod version?

cityfloristsg has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problems with updated Andriod kitkat .4.4
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problems with updated Andriod kitkat .4.4
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by cityfloristsg

Collapse -
This one is where
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 4, 2014 4:52 AM PDT

You are at your carrier's counter to let them set it up again. As to going back, no carrier I know of does that.
Bob

Collapse -
Possible solution
by cityfloristsg / July 4, 2014 1:27 PM PDT
In reply to: This one is where

Thanks Bob , i am from Singapore. My carrier said this is not their problem. I am not very tech savvy and was hoping to get some ideas from Cnet forum. I read somewhere others have the same problems too and was advised to clear the cache and clear data for the respective app. I will probably give this a try. Thanks again. Happy

Collapse -
Clear data is something to try.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 5, 2014 12:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Possible solution

Android has some other ways but here, the carrier issues the update and does support such issues since they created the problem.

Then again, you have folk that install rooted roms and well, that's an entirely different discussion.
Bob

Collapse -
what about battery issues?
by gn4review / July 21, 2014 6:42 AM PDT
In reply to: This one is where

I didn't have that issue but I have noticed along with other note 3 users that kit kat seems to cause a heavier drain on the battery. Has anyone noticed the same? Just curious.

Collapse -
Yes.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 21, 2014 6:59 AM PDT

But CNET and other sites note how to curb the power drain.

But I must ask this question. Should be expect folk to look into this or should the makers start making more assumptions?
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
No issues on my Nexus 7
by birdmantd Forum moderator / July 4, 2014 9:40 AM PDT

Installed just fine for me and no such troubles for me.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!