Internet Service Providers forum

General discussion

problems with Time Warner in SoCal

Like everyone who had Comcast or Adelphia in SoCal I have been switched to Time Warner. I have had nothing but problems since, first with the cable TV (two service calls) and now with the internet--two phone calls with two different
techs and two "chats" with two different techs.
My current problem is internet speed. The variation this past week ranges from 1517 kilobits to 1845, which the tech said was "very slow." (I subsequently learned Time Warner offers three speed levels.) I am on "Standard," which until today was at the 1500 to 2000 kps range.
Today I am getting various readings, the first being 1861, the next being 27,161 kps. IS this related to broadband traffic or is there some other explanation? And has my connection speed been
miraculously solved or can I expect future slowdowns?
And getting a service person on the phone entails waits of up to one hour, in my experience. Monday I was given a reference number and the promise of a technical callback "within two days." No callback. The same happened with a customer service rep who was to
move me to a faster service, at a charge of course.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: problems with Time Warner in SoCal
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: problems with Time Warner in SoCal
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I have Time Warner internet problems too

In reply to: problems with Time Warner in SoCal

I'm a previous Comcast customer and now after Time Warner replaced them I am having a really bad internet problem. I get a huge lag every 1-3 minutes and internet explorer says it can't display the page. I then click refresh and the page loads instantly. Although I get hit by the huge lag, my connection never drops. I always stay connected on instant messaging programs and never get disconnected from any games. I wish I knew if the root of this problem has to do with my computer or with Time Warner Cable.

Collapse -
time warner internet problems

In reply to: I have Time Warner internet problems too

I have been running a speed test every time I open my browser, which is Roadrunner. The website is http.www.accesstimewarner.com/support/internet/speedtest/speed.asp.
If your problems persist, I recommend a letter to the CEO. When I complained about response times by customer service, I got a personal call from a rep who was prepared to deal with my complaint.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.