Samsung forum

General discussion

Problems With Samsung T260HD and Sony Vaio Notebook

by DavidZ113 / December 21, 2008 11:19 AM PST

I recently purchased a Samsung T260HD HDTV monitor. I bought it to serve as a monitor for my Sony Vaio laptop (VGN-FJ270). However, when I connect my vaio to the monitor through vga, the monitor receives no signal. I have tested my vaio with other monitors, and there is no problem getting a signal there. Also, I have tested the monitor with two other laptops (a Dell and a Mac), and it works perfectly well with those computers.

I have seen various threads about problems people have had with some Sony laptops and Samsung monitors. I downloaded and installed the latest BIOS version and the latest Sony Utilities DLL and Vaio Event Service programs. I am not sure what else there is to do. I hope there is a way to fix this problem. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problems With Samsung T260HD and Sony Vaio Notebook
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problems With Samsung T260HD and Sony Vaio Notebook
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Problems With Samsung T260HD and Sony Vaio Notebook
by yydream / October 3, 2009 8:37 AM PDT

I found the same problem.
I bought Samsung T260 HD HDTV monitor to use as a extended monitor for my VAIO laptop (PCG-7A2L).
I was able to connect with another VAIO laptop (PCG-9P6L) and APPLE MacBook Pro.
I tried different monitor cables.
Still no signal on Monitor.
I called SONY and the tech suggested to install all updates.
And I still get "Weak Signal, No Signal".

I wonder if you (DavidZ113) ever figured it to work ??????

Collapse -
Samsung T260HD and Sony VAIO VGN-NS31N/S VGA signal problem
by medianCz / January 2, 2010 11:17 PM PST

Hi, I have exactly the same problem connecting Samsung T26HD and Sony VAIO VGN-NS31N/S notebook. I have all Sony software updates installed and also the latest version of ATI Catalyst and I am able to see the output, but there is a monitor message in Czech language similar to "Check signal cable", which is always shown and overlays the picture and makes the monitor unusable as output device. There is no problem when using Toshiba notebook. Does anybody have a solution?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.