Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

problems with my peoplepc.com webmail and Outlook Express

I am having problems with my Peoplepc.com webmail and my Outlook Express. I am running Windows XP on my computer and Outlook Express 6. I have Peoplepc.com as my ISP and seem to have no problems connecting to the internet but it seems like the Peoplepc.com email program only works from around 1 a.m. EDT until around 7 a.m. EDT. After 7 a.m. if I go to check my webmail or try sending or receiving email using my Outlook Express, I either get a message that Internet Explorer can not display my Peoplepc.com webmail webpage or my Outlook Express can not connect to the mail server. The Outlook Express error message number is: 0x800CCC90. I tried calling the tool free number, 888-587-9669, but they don't have an option for email problems. Has anyone else had problems with their Peoplepc.com webmail and/or Outlook Express using Peoplepc.com as their ISP?

Thanks for any suggestions or help you can give to me.

Tom

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: problems with my peoplepc.com webmail and Outlook Express
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: problems with my peoplepc.com webmail and Outlook Express
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hey Tom

In reply to: problems with my peoplepc.com webmail and Outlook Express

Send me a mail and i will explain and tell you how to come out of the problem ok.. This is my email addresss prettie.lilian@ymail.com i will be expecting your mail soonest. Take care.

Collapse -
I'm having the same problem

In reply to: Hey Tom

I'd like to find out how you helped the other participant with the peoplepc/outlook issue. When I sign on to peoplepc, I get the home page but no access to any other pages. Also, my outlook express function has been giving me a "can't find server" message over the past day.

Collapse -
Just a note.

In reply to: I'm having the same problem

What I 'wouldn't' do is email that person. That email address prettie.lilian@ymail.com just doesn't look like an official person from PeoplePC.

Perhaps you could start your own discussion in this forum and give full details? You may get more help if anyone is around who knows.

Mark

Collapse -
Hey Tom - or anyone?

R U still having trouble with peoplepc (PPC)hooking up to Outlook Express?. I was perfectly content with using Outlook and IE as my browser. However, PCC kept tweeking the settings. Now, I have to go to the peoplepc home page first - then click on Firefox and there to PCC webmail. I can't use my OE or IE browser now. I know I should be smarter on these things - pls help me out if u can. The "help" site on the PCC home page does not give correct settings. bob

Collapse -
Same problem with peoplepc.com

In reply to: Hey Tom - or anyone?

Can't connect to people pc and over and over they tell me it is my internet explorer that don't work. Have same problem with three different computers but can't convince them they all don't have the same problem. All different programs. Now can't send an email with logos or pictures on it unless I make the email an attachment instead of direct image forward. if FORWARD DIRECT THE EMAIL IS BLANK. Can't even forward to myself and have it work correctly. They changed the webmail format a few days ago and it is worthless. They however think it is the greatest and could care less what the customer thinks. WHY DOES ANYONE SUBSCRIBE TO PEOPLEPC.COM???? Have hardly used it for a week and need to.

Collapse -
With the passing of XP support

So does Outlook Express fade into the past.

This old thread is now closed.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.