The description you've provided basically points to corrupt firmware but rather than immediately trying to re-install this I'd first suggest that you go ahead and try to reformat the MP3.
I believe I'm correct in saying there's nothing to lose because when you're in this situation the data on your MP3 is usually unrecoverable, so you've lost the files on it anyway.
The steps to take are as follows:
- Connect the MP3 as usual but don't click on D: (you need to reformat the MP3 using a different route)
- Assuming your OS is WinXP or similar, select "My Computer"
- Right mouse click on My Computer and select "Manage"
- Expand the option "Storage" (if it isn't already) and select "Disk Management"
- You should now see in the bottom right window a representation of all the devices connected to your PC
*** WARNING: If you've never done this before, you need to follow the next few steps very carefully ***
- Right mouse click on the device that corresponds to your "Removable" storage device [you said it was on D so look for the one with the label (D:)] and select "Format". Double check that this is the drive letter assciated with your MP3 because you must not make the mistake of refomatting your hard drive (usually mapped to C:)
- The next step should be a warning panel, say Yes to that
- This next panel gives you a final chance to check that you're refomatting the correct device because it will carry the title "Format D:" (in your particular case).
- Against the selection "File Syetem" choose FAT32
- Leave "Allocation unit size" on default
- Choose "Perform a quick format" and click OK
- Disconnect your MP3 in the usual way and check to see if it can start up as normal
If the above doesn't work, let me know I'll point you to information about re-flashing firmware.
Yes well, basically when I turn it on the entry screen (Showing the Matsui logo) just doesn't go away, therefore I cannot view, play or delete any of my music. In fact, I can't do anything at all.
I think whats happened is that I have deleted some of the files that go with the MP3 player or somthing and I need to install drivers or firmware or somthing to allow to MP3 player to actually function.
When the MP3 is plugged into USB in my computer its just shown as;
'Removable Disk (D:)'
When I click the 'Removable Disk (D:)' icon a little box comes up saying;
'The disk in D is not formatted' 'Do you want to format it now?'
I know nothing about this stuff and so anyhelp would be much appreciated !!