General discussion

Problems with my CRT...?

Experts please help: I have green blue and red lines that appear on my monitor at regular intervals. I've spent a little time on Google, but haven't yet found a satisfactory solution to this problem. Maybe my monitor cable is bad? Interference? Any advice is appreciated...

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Problems with my CRT...?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Problems with my CRT...?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: Problems with my CRT...?

The quickest test is to move monitor to another system and if it happens at new system, monitor is bad. If that's the case, you probably can't fix it, but repair is possible is cost effectivem, usually not though. Otherwise, you video card is defective and it needs replacement or if on-board video, get a video card and install, but disable on-board connection via the bios. if the monitor is bad, new ones aren't as expensive they were awhile ago, plus maybe time to move on to LCD. Wink

good luck -----Willy

- Collapse -
Lines - horizontal, or vertical?

Nice, crisply edged VERTICAL lines of any color usually indicate a video card problem, or a video memory problem.

CNET Forums