Because it could be malware related, please follow the steps below to run a different tool:
Please follow the instructions below to download and run the free Malwarebytes spyware removal program. Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the link below:
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.
Hope this helps and let us know your results.
I am having a lot of problems with my computer and I?m not sure if one thing that is causing it or if it is a number of problems. The first problem I noticed is when I tried to start Windows media player 11 I would click on the shortcut and the hourglass pops up and nothing happens after that so I waited and left it over night and still nothing. So I uninstalled WMP11 and it told me I had to roll it back to WMP10 so I did. I restarted then tried to open WMP10 and a message came up saying something was wrong with WMP and click ok to fix it so I did all it did was upgrade back to WMP11 and I got the same problem it wouldn?t open. So I go in add and remove programs and roll back WMP11 to WMP10 then uninstall WMP10 then install WMP11 and still the same problem. Next I tried to do a system restore but system restore will not open. I checked to see if other stuff will open like defrag and it did. So now I have WMP11 not opening and system restore not opening even in ?safe mode?. I run Norton it finds nothing and I run Spybot S&D it finds nothing.
So now I?m thinking maybe I should try to run windows update I open IE (which I don?t ever use since I have Mozilla Firefox) and I notice the page was showing up blank. I browsed some websites and tried to run the Microsoft OneCare Tune-up thing and there was no button. I go to YouTube and the videos are not there just a black space and no warning about needing flash player (which I knew I already had). No flash content was showing up I tried to go to the adobe website and download the latest flash player and the download window wouldn?t pop up. Now I don?t even know where to start I have run out of ideas please help me. I?m thinking of doing a full store but I don?t have anywhere to back up my 200+ gig of data. Thanks for any help.