HolidayBuyer's Guide

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Problems with Line in

by lesbooth20 / July 21, 2009 6:06 AM PDT

Hi
O/S Windows XP
Problem
Record deck connected to pre-amp - connected to line in on PC - when playing a record no sound from speakers.
Checked volume control - Recording - line in checked - volume 1/2
Playback - volume 1/2 on line in
I think I've updated drivers on sound card
Have connected lead from pre-amp to hi-fi and everything OK
- any suggestions ?
Cheers
Les

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problems with Line in
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problems with Line in
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
If I recalled correctly,
by ahtoi / July 21, 2009 10:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Problems with Line in

I believed that is as it should be. What are you trying to accomplish? You need to capture the audio before playing it back.

Collapse -
Lin in problems
by lesbooth20 / July 22, 2009 8:05 AM PDT

I know it is as it should be - but the PC is just not recognising any input from line in - just wondering if I have a conflict somewhere

Collapse -
You check the line volume control?
by ahtoi / July 22, 2009 10:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Lin in problems

Double-click on the speaker icon and make sure the volume are properly set and be sure it's not muted either.

Collapse -
Done that
by lesbooth20 / July 22, 2009 8:29 PM PDT

I've done that numerous times with no effect

Collapse -
My guess then would be a mechanical issue.
by ahtoi / July 23, 2009 3:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Done that

A new sound card can be had fairly inexpensively.

Collapse -
Problem solved
by lesbooth20 / July 23, 2009 6:13 PM PDT

Had tried installing latest driver from C-Media - no joy
Then decided to instal driver from original CD supplied with the PC - still no joy - but it offered me the option to roll back the driver and guess what - problem solved - thanks for your help all the same

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.