General discussion

Problems with file sharing

Hi everyone, I have a problem. I have a desktop with Vista that I am trying to share files via a wireless router to an imac and a laptop with 7 on it. I am having the problem on the desktop with vista that it always keeps sharing my users folder even though I keep telling it not to, and any other folders I share do not show up in my list of folders I am sharing screen. Now even though this happens the folders are still visible to the network. I can access them fine with the mac, but the laptop with windows 7 says it doesn't have permission and to contact the network administrator. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks! And let me know if you need any more info.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Problems with file sharing
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Problems with file sharing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Not to duplicate the web
- Collapse -
The mac worked fine

Actually I could view files from the PC on the mac just fine. The problem was between the desktop with vista and the laptop with windows 7.

- Collapse -
You're right.

You not only have to deal with the changes in file sharing from Vista to 7 but all the other rules are still enforced (accounts, permissions, firewalls.) I didn't find where you wrote you corrected or did all that.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info