General discussion

Problems with computer rebooting

Hello,
I am having a problem with my computer when I am online and running an application call Interwise Participant. (This is a program istalled for an online degree program, in which you can listen to live and recorded classroom sessions.) During live sessions after about 10-15 minutes, the computer reboots itself. Also, before it reboots sometimes, the system just freezes. (I don't think its the reboot virus, since everything I have read says it does not affect Windows 98.)

Can anyone tell me what it might be and how to resolve it? (I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, but still have the problem.)

I am running Windows 98 and Internet Explorer 5.x and have downloaded all the latest service packs, etc from Microsoft for IE.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Problems with computer rebooting
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Problems with computer rebooting
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info