Desktops forum

Resolved Question

Problems with 2 x 8gb ripjaw RAM, help!

by noe1123 / September 3, 2011 10:39 AM PDT

So I just ordered these from new egg and poppedthem into my machine. Problem is that it will not boot up. All that I hear is a constant beeping coming from the motherboard. I've tries to do one at a time and still same sound happens. I know it's something with the sticks themselves because it boots up fine with a 2gb stick I have.My question is did I have really bad luc and get two bad sticks? Or is the hardware not compatible with the motherboard. Please help!

Model of motherboard : EVGA P55V, SLI, PCI Express 2.0, Intel Socket 1156 processor.

Model of memory : G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL This is the link for memory if you want to see it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231314

Model of CPU : Its a Intel Core i5 CPU, 3.2 GHz, 64-bit operating system.

noe1123 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problems with 2 x 8gb ripjaw RAM, help!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problems with 2 x 8gb ripjaw RAM, help!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by noe1123

Collapse -
Have you been . . .
by Coryphaeus / September 3, 2011 10:13 PM PDT

to crucial.com and verified that your motherboard will handle more than 2 Gig? It really sounds like the motherboard won't handle 16 Gig of RAM.

Collapse -
Answer
According to specs, MB handles 16GB RAM .... sure the
by VAPCMD / September 5, 2011 8:50 AM PDT

RAM is in the suggested slots ? Manual says install into: DIMM slots 1 and 3 ?

VAPCMD

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.