Please fully uninstall and reinstall the software. Follow these steps to do this:
1. In Control Panel, open Add or Remove Programs.
2. Select iTunes form the list of currently installed programs.
3. Select Change/Remove button.
4. An iTunes for Windows Installshield window appears.
5. Select the Remove option and select the Next button. The Remove option is not the default.
6. A Confirm Uninstall window appears. Select the OK button.
7. An iTunes for Windows Installshield window appears. It says "Maintenance Successful. Setup has completed maintenance on iTunes.
8. Select the Finish button. This removes most of iTunes Software from the computer. There are a few files left over that you will delete after you remove the iPod Updater.
Next you will remove the iPod Updater, repeat this process for any versions of iPod Updater, iPod Software, or iPod for Windows.
9. In Add/Remove Programs, select iPod Updater.
10. Select the Change/Remove button.
11. A Confirm Uninstall window appears. Select the OK button.
12. The iPod Updater application is removed.
Next you will remove QuickTime.
13. In Add/Remove Programs, select QuickTime.
14. The QuickTime Uninstall window appears.
15. Select the Uninstall Everything button.
16. The Uninstall successfully window appears.
17. Select the OK button.
18. Close the Add or Remove Programs window.
19. Close the Control Panel window.
20. Click Start and point to Turnoff Computer. Select the Restart button.
Now we will remove the files that were not removed by the Add/Remove
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open your hard drive.
3. Open the Program Files folder.
4. Delete the iPod, iTunes or QuickTime folders if they are still
Trouble unistalling itunes and itunes helper. I'm cleaning out for some space and rid myself of programs I don't use. - I've tried to uninstall itunes and itunes helper ... i have used windows add/remove program to no avail. Tried numerous times but it/they remain, even though it says complete. Reboot etc. = nothing. Any tricks or procedures or ??? to get rid of it/them for good?