General discussion

Problems uninstalling a program

I can't seem to find any solutions anywhere related to uninstalling a file that won't uninstall. Here is the problem: I go into Programs & Features and scroll down to QuickTime (which is what I am trying to uninstall) when I click "Uninstall" i receive a message stating " The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" then it lists 2 possible sources where the file may be located. Thing is, the file does not exist and I can't locate it in the registry! I've tried downloading a unistalling program, but it won't work because the file does not exist. Any suggestions and/or help will be greatly appreciated!!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Problems uninstalling a program
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Problems uninstalling a program
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
We have a few discussions about that.
- Collapse -
Tried to follow link instructions..

I tried downloading the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility, but it will not download. Gosh, either I'm really bad at this or something is seriously wrong with my laptop.

- Collapse -
It looks like Microsoft removed it.

However for Windows Vista and XP it's fine. Did you try google to find it?

- Collapse -
So bummed.

I did google it and tried downloading it from this site. I'm not sure if Vista is the problem or how inept I am at this tech stuff. I clicked download, then save, then run, and then a message appears saying "This is the Windows 98/95 version etc. & will not run on Windows NT". Should I try downloading from another site? Oh, and thank you so much for helping out this is so greatly appreciated!

- Collapse -
Link, comment

CNET Forums