Tablets forum

General discussion

Problems transfering music from Asus tablet to Nokia phone

by Raginmund / May 25, 2015 10:43 PM PDT

Hello. This shouldn't be difficult but it has become so. I'm trying to figure out how to move my fairly small digital music library from my Asus MeMo Pad 7 Android 4.4.2 tablet to my Nokia Lumia Windows phone. The music is currently on the tablets internal storage so presumably the first step will be copying or moving the music to a microSD card, which I'm going to buy today. The tablet does have a microSD slot. What steps do I take to copy or move the files to the micro SD card, i.e. where do I go on the tablet? The interface is the tablets default Music player, pre-installed by Asus, which Uses Zen UI etc. Is there an obvious copy or down!oad to external storage (the micro SD card) option? My music library began its existence as an iTunes library but was then migrated to my tablet and became basic MP3 files as I've moved away from iTunes. Once the music is on the microSD card I assume I can just insert into my new Nokia Lumia's microSD card slot and use the Windows Phone music player software that's pre-installed on the device. I will then restore the old tablet to factory default settings and recycle it because while it's served me well in many ways I also find it frustrating and am switching to an entire Windows based system, phone, Microsoft Surface, Windows 8" tablet. Thank you for any help facilitating the transfer of my music library.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problems transfering music from Asus tablet to Nokia phone
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problems transfering music from Asus tablet to Nokia phone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Doubt this is the way.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 25, 2015 11:49 PM PDT

I don't see the usual PC in the mix above. For me, I start with my library on my PC and sync that to the devices as I need to. You are apparently trying to forge a new path from tablet to phone which doesn't appear to be supported.
Bob

Collapse -
No PC involved
by Raginmund / May 26, 2015 4:50 AM PDT
In reply to: Doubt this is the way.

My laptop stopped functioning entirely recently and I'm replacing it with a Microsoft Surface, so the music files exist only on my Asus tablet. Should I try to upload them to another PC, then from there copy them to a microSD card on my Windows phone, using a micro USB cable? There must be a way to simply get files on my tablets internal drive to a microSD card in the tablets microSD card slot. It's only logical.

Collapse -
Not simple at all.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 27, 2015 12:06 AM PDT
In reply to: No PC involved

But do try shuttling files over with Dropbox. As to the card, I use ES File Explorer but that may not be enough. That is, who knows what files to copy over from and to? Only you may know that.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!