Desktops forum

General discussion

Problems sending email with Outlook Express

Hi guys,

I have always used Web mail in the past so never needed Outlook Express until now. I'm trying to send photo attachments via Outlook Express and it is not working. Everything is fine till I hit "send" and get an error message: Domain or Host name invalid. I know this is probably because I set something up wrong. But I don't know how to fix it. I have an isp called Intergate which makes you do alot of the installing of things yourself, where other isp's do it for you automatically. This leaves alot of room for error needless to say. Can anyone tell me how to go about fixing this? How do I know what to put when it asks me what my POP3 something or other is? It wanted to know ingoing and outgoing mail servers??? How do I find out what mine are?

Thanks in advance!

Starfish

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problems sending email with Outlook Express
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problems sending email with Outlook Express
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wag.

In reply to: Problems sending email with Outlook Express

Can you send and receive a plain vanilla (no attachment) e-mail to yourself?

If yes....then your mail account would seem to set up correct.
If no....Call your ISP....they have a script to walk you through every setting needed to use their mail server.

Collapse -
e-mail outlook > look out side the MS box

In reply to: Problems sending email with Outlook Express

Ive been using Yahoo for my personal account & Gmail/Google for my business account, to NOT be dependent on my IP provider.
(I've switched several times)> as Clearwire sucks, Verizon is good for wireless, and Time-Warner Cable has the speed for those fast downloads
@ home. I also recommend using Mozilla FireFox and ThunderBird, as it
is much more secure and less likely to be hit with worms, viruses, trojans and denial of service attacks if properly defended by a good anti-virus/anti-spyware program.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.