Question

Problems playing audio/video files with Samsung phones?

Hi. On my Droid Charge, I often have no problem playing music or video files and then suddenly I'll get a message that the file type is not supported for all of my files. Then I reboot the phone, and the music/video files play fine again...for a few days. Until the same thing happens. It happens with several different music players, even the amazon cloud player.

I have a Droid Charge and I noticed on another board someone with the Samsung Infuse with the same problem.

Does anyone know what might be causing this/how to fix it?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Problems playing audio/video files with Samsung phones?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Problems playing audio/video files with Samsung phones?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Sorry.

But I see this across many devices. It's not a Samsung issue, it's all over.

There is no standards in AV encoding or rather there are thousands. This means I get to learn what works and then find and use tools like Handbrake to convert content.

I'm sure consumers will be unhappy with this.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
I believe I have a solution

The problem, strangely enough, seems to be related to the official Twitter app. I don't know why, but if you uninstall the twitter app the problem appears to go away. I found this by googling around for several days. I put off trying it (because it seemed like an unlikely answer) but I finally uninstalled the app a few days ago and have not had the above problem since.

Third-party twitter apps do not seem to have this problem, only the official app.

By the way, I am using a Samsung Captivate. This particular problem may be confined to Samsung, but it is shared by multiple Samsung phones.

CNET Forums