Question

Problem w/Samsung UN55HU8550 turning off

I have UN55HU8550 that is about a 18 months old. About a month ago the TV started turning off on its own after anywhere from a few minutes to about 20 minutes being on. Then it will turn itself back on after a few minutes. Sometimes the picture goes black but the volume stays on until it turns off and on again. Any Ideas what the problem is or how to fix it?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Problem w/Samsung UN55HU8550 turning off
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Problem w/Samsung UN55HU8550 turning off
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Always call it in.

There were some firmware bugs so during the call they should check the firmware.

Also if you want you can extend the warranty and wait a month till you make a claim.

- Collapse -
Answer
Trick to fix it

Calling it in will not help, this what I had to do. Since my cable is connected to my TV with an HDMI CORD, o left it plug up, then I got my red, white, and yellow cord and hooked it up from my cable box to my TV. Once both cords are plug in, I turn on my TV once it comes on I unplugs the HDMI CORD from my cable box and TV, and leave my red white and yellow cords in. Then I go into my TV settings and change my sleeper and my timing settings and others if needed, also I unplugs my TV every night before going to sleep. This helped me so much I wasted money and time with Samsung bull I hope it works for you

- Collapse -
It may not fix it

But unless the horde calls in, they don't know the firmware is broekn.

CNET Forums