Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

TVs & Home Theaters forum

Question

Problem w/Samsung UN55HU8550 turning off

by Watcher92 / October 5, 2016 9:04 AM PDT

I have UN55HU8550 that is about a 18 months old. About a month ago the TV started turning off on its own after anywhere from a few minutes to about 20 minutes being on. Then it will turn itself back on after a few minutes. Sometimes the picture goes black but the volume stays on until it turns off and on again. Any Ideas what the problem is or how to fix it?

Discussion is locked

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Always call it in.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 5, 2016 9:10 AM PDT

There were some firmware bugs so during the call they should check the firmware.

Also if you want you can extend the warranty and wait a month till you make a claim.

Collapse -
Answer
Trick to fix it
by MillsV39 / October 10, 2016 7:11 AM PDT

Calling it in will not help, this what I had to do. Since my cable is connected to my TV with an HDMI CORD, o left it plug up, then I got my red, white, and yellow cord and hooked it up from my cable box to my TV. Once both cords are plug in, I turn on my TV once it comes on I unplugs the HDMI CORD from my cable box and TV, and leave my red white and yellow cords in. Then I go into my TV settings and change my sleeper and my timing settings and others if needed, also I unplugs my TV every night before going to sleep. This helped me so much I wasted money and time with Samsung bull I hope it works for you

Collapse -
It may not fix it
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 10, 2016 9:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Trick to fix it

But unless the horde calls in, they don't know the firmware is broekn.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!