Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

problem with XP sp2

by vijaik / June 7, 2007 3:42 PM PDT

can we make all images from network area and local hard drive, to show preview in iframes in browser. the problem is when i select the files from remote... it shows the preview.. but if i select from the local hard drive it doesnt show the preview..

ex: if i select the start.gif from //192.168.1.1/d/images/ the ie shows the preview .. but i select the file from localhost/d/images/ i t doesnt show up the preview..

whats the problem lies behind... i enable all the internet options feature. but none will show up..

give me solution..

am using xp 2002 home edition , sp2
internet explorer 6.0.2900......

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: problem with XP sp2
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: problem with XP sp2
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
More information
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / June 7, 2007 8:22 PM PDT
In reply to: problem with XP sp2

There is a duplicate thread which I have locked.

However there is more information in that duplicate that doesn't appear here, (and vice versa), so I am including the additional information here;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i'm writing JS program to preview image/pdf/others in iframe in browser..
if i select files from network area , i see the preview... but if i browse and select the files from local hard drives.. the file does not show preview in the browser..

am using IE 6.0.2900

xp - home edition 2002 - service pack 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark

Collapse -
This should better be asked ...
by Kees Bakker / June 7, 2007 8:47 PM PDT
In reply to: More information

in the Coding and Scripting forum, with much more details, like the sample code. It's certainly not a Windows XP problem.

It would be interesting to know why anybody wants to use an iframe in an html form in a browser for viewing local pdf-files. Must be some kind of an application.

Kees

Collapse -
2 ideas.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 7, 2007 9:09 PM PDT
In reply to: problem with XP sp2

1. "hosts"

There is some spyware that damaged the usual localhost entry in the hosts file. Also, // is on one part of your note but not the other.

2. In your working example you are looking at IE's morphing technique as a file browser. The entry of localhost tells it to ask on TCPIP PORT 80 so this means your machine would have to run a web server.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?