General discussion

Problem with videos on Hp Pavillion dv6000

I've had my laptop for a while now, and I never really used the built-in webcam to record something. A few days ago I tried it out and when I played it back, the sound was going normal but the video was completely off synch. It was going way too fast and if the video was a minute long, it would turn into a few seconds. The sound that should've been recorded would also be cut off. I have no clue how to fix it and it's been bugging me like crazy. Can anyone help me please?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Problem with videos on Hp Pavillion dv6000
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Problem with videos on Hp Pavillion dv6000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
The problem with the dv6000

Is that you can find out with google about a recall. Web cam, mic issues are never easy and let's remember something real simple. This is not a camcorder. The sync when a windows machine is just a little busy like scanning for viruses can cause the webcam audio to slip many many seconds.

It's a shame the makers don't tell you that.
Bob

- Collapse -
PS.

Sadly since you didn't use it till recently, the issue could have been there since day one. The fix was to report it IN WARRANTY otherwise you are stuck.

CNET Forums

Forum Info