Phones forum

Question

Problem with upload

Hi all, myself Gerard Santinelli from San Francisco. I am facing unusual problem with my android phone. Whenever I try to upload any doc or pdf file directly onto a website, the options are not given on the phone. What to do?

Regards,
Gerard Santinelli

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problem with upload
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problem with upload
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: upload

In reply to: Problem with upload

When I upload something to my own website, I use an ftp-program on my PC. What app do you use on your phone?

Uploading something to another website usually is done in a browser using some upload page (like uploading a video to youtube or a picture to facebook: browse to your file and click an OK or upload button). But that's dofferemt om each site that lets me upload something. What site do you want to upload to and what app are you using that you expect the option in?

Finally, does it work on the Android phones of your friends, and is it only a problem in YOUR phone? Or doesn't it work on their phones either? And how about friends with an iPhone or a Windows Phone?

Kees

Collapse -
Feedback

In reply to: Re: upload

Thanks Kees_B for your answer, actually I am trying to upload the doc and the pdf files on the pdf share sites, article share sites and job portals sites for my own need. But, unfortunately I am unable to do so Confused

Warm Regards,
Gerard Santinelli

Collapse -
site mobile ready????

In reply to: Feedback

unless the site is mobile ready, there may be nothing you can do. websites uses a lot of scripts that may not work right on a phone. I would suggest contacting the site's administrator and let them know there is a issue with uploading.

my only other suggestion is to try different mobile web browsers and see if any works better.

Collapse -
Problem with all the websites

In reply to: site mobile ready????

Hi renegade600 for your reply, but the problem is happening with all the sites where I directly going to upl;oad files from my phone !! Sad

Warm Regards,
Gerard Santinelli

Collapse -
try different browsers

In reply to: Problem with all the websites

as I said, try different browsers to see if any works.

Collapse -
Waiting to do

In reply to: try different browsers

Thanks renegade600 for your answer, ok I will try it and revert back to you.

Ward Regards,
Gerard Santinelli

Collapse -
Hopeless

In reply to: try different browsers

Hi renegade600, this is Gerard Santinelli again, I have tried with other browsers but still the same problem I am facing. What to do? SadCry

Collapse -
In that case

In reply to: Hopeless

I would head to a friend's house and borrow his PC, or visit a public library branch in San Francisco. They have great libraries where you could upload files as needed.

Good luck

Collapse -
Not cleared

In reply to: In that case

Thanks Pepe7 for your reply to my question. But, I think my question is not clear to you. I am telling that, When I am trying to upload pdf, doc files from my phone directly to some job portal sites, I am unable to do so. That's why I need help.

Warm Regards,
Gerard Santinelli

Collapse -
Your question was crystal clear

In reply to: Not cleared

And the answer, if you re-read the entire thread carefully, is that 99% of job sites such as monster/etc. will not allow you to upload from a mobile device, but only via a traditional computer.
Yes, their dedicated mobile apps will allow partial functionality of their job portal activities, but not as much as a standard PC can achieve.

Collapse -
Answer
Let me share how I upload and such.

I installed Dropbox on my Android phone. I can fetch and put files into my Dropbox. Since Dropbox is also a web site, I say that it's clear I'm uploading from my phone.

Dropbox.com is mobile ready too. Since we don't know what website you are asking about the only clear thing is that your website needs to tell you how to upload from Android or other smart phones.
Bob

Collapse -
Link is dated but given it's Android? Folk have troubles.

In reply to: Let me share how I upload and such.

Collapse -
Name of the websites

The name of some of those websites are:- monster.com, simplyhired.com, indeed.com, dice.com, bright.com etc.

Warm Regards,
Gerard Santinelli

Collapse -
List of websites name

First of all thanks very much for your co-operation. I am giving you some lists of websites where I am facing the problem uploading doc, pdf files directly from my android phone.

usajobs, craigslist, linkedIn, bright.com, dice.com etc.
Shall I need to provide my phone specifications?

Warm Regards,
Gerard Santinelli

Collapse -
Simple question

Thanks R. Proffitt for your reply, I am just asking why I am unable to upload files directly from my phone to the websites? Do you need the website names?

Warm Regards,
Gerard Santinelli

Collapse -
Simple answers.

In reply to: Simple question

If it works on any comparable smartphone (same OS, same browser) but not on yours, something is wrong with your phone. Then do a full reset back to factory conditons and try again.
If it does NOT work on a comparable smartphone, it's not supported by the phones browser. Then use a PC, laptop or Mac.

Kees

Collapse -
Feedback to solution

In reply to: Simple answers.

Thanks Kees_B, yeah it is very easy to do from laptop or pc, but how can I do it from phone? Can you tell me the settings actions I follow?

Warm Regards,
Gerard Santinelli

Collapse -
Re: phone

In reply to: Feedback to solution

You already discovered it won't work from your phone. So why keep trying?

Kees

Collapse -
Needed

In reply to: Re: phone

But I can't borrow my PC everywhere, that's why!!

Warm Regards,
Gerard Santinelli

Collapse -
Then you have a problem.

In reply to: Needed

It's like needing a car, not having one and not able to borrow one. Then you either buy one, rent ione or steal one (the last option is not really advised). Or you go walking or by public transport.

Kees

Collapse -
That's it. (Kees nailed it)

In reply to: Feedback to solution

It appears that your phone or your choice of browsers, etc. does not work. While some want to replace their PC with an Android phone we're not there yet for many reasons. A smart phone does not replace your PC.
Bob

Collapse -
Absolutely true

In reply to: That's it. (Kees nailed it)

I am totally agree with you R. Proffitt, really man.

Warm Regards,
Gerard Santinelli

Collapse -
Answer
about upload problem

Perhaps the format is not supported

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.