Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Problem with some internet sites(not loading)

by kebongski / September 6, 2006 7:34 PM PDT

Well, most sites would normally load for me... but there are some sites that wont. It just says
"Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at
* Check the address for typing errors such as instead of"

And its really affecting me since I really need to access some of these sites... And I don't know why it does that.

can anyone please help me with this?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problem with some internet sites(not loading)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problem with some internet sites(not loading)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
That site requires permission
by glb613 / September 6, 2006 7:43 PM PDT

It has nothing to do with Firefox. I was denied access with both Firefox and IE.

Collapse -
I was also denied access
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 6, 2006 9:47 PM PDT

Firefox displays;

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Bull
by Trance_Zac / September 19, 2006 6:10 PM PDT
Collapse -
by kebongski / September 19, 2006 5:53 PM PDT

I dont know what to do anymore, it wont let me access to this online game i play now...

the control panel for the game is
it wont load, neither can the game connect to server..

Collapse -
That site you tried to access is:
by DarCLew2 / September 20, 2006 1:24 AM PDT
In reply to: T_T
Collapse -
Ohhh Poor Baby..................
by Trance_Zac / September 19, 2006 6:00 PM PDT

Seems like everyone is telling you it's a restricted site. Let me try it & I'll get right back to you.

Collapse -
OK I had no problenm accessing........................
by Trance_Zac / September 19, 2006 6:07 PM PDT using IE6.0

Your problem may be with Firefox - sometimes too mudh security can turn aroumd and bite you in the ***!

Collapse -
Went to site:, a game site, red page
by DarCLew2 / September 20, 2006 1:19 AM PDT

with Internet Explorer and AOL and had no problem either. Darrell Lewis

Collapse -
No problem loading with Firefox ( )
by gargoyle_xlvii / September 20, 2006 2:16 AM PDT

I had no problem loading the site
I did not recieve any error.
I did have problem with this site would not work.

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I am using Firefox version which is the latests version.
You have followed the instructions on how to play on the site?
Since I did not download the items needed to play the site I can not go any further.

Has the site worked in the past?
Have you loaded any new extensions?

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?