General discussion

Problem with Samsung YP-T10

Hello there! I really need your help.
I reinstalled my Windows (before I had Vista, now it's XP) and now my computer won't even recognize my mp3 player i.e. Samsung YP-T10. I plug it in, it starts charging and notning else. There's no "a new hardware found" message, nothing.
And to make things worse I can't find my installation disk Sad
Can somebody help me?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Problem with Samsung YP-T10
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Problem with Samsung YP-T10
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
What installation disk is missing?

That from your mp3-player?
Or with the XP motherboard drivers from your PC?

Do other USB-devices (mouse, keyboard, USB-stick, external hard disk) work? If not, it's a driver issue in your Windows XP. That's a common issue when people decide to downgrade from Vista to XP in stead of upgrading to Windows 7, which is a far better choice for those of us who don't like Vista.

Kees

- Collapse -
USB-stick recognised

I plugged my USB-stick and it was recognized, no problem with it.
As far as the installation disk, I meant the one that was in the box with the mp3 player when I bought it. Although I think that I never used the disk with Vista, the mp3 player was recognised without me having to install anything (like Samsung Media Studio).

- Collapse -
(NT) Now try that player on another PC. Just to be sure.
- Collapse -
Tomorrow

I don't have another comuter nearby now, I'll try that tomorrow and write back.

- Collapse -
USB-stick recognised

rambinka,

Does it charge when you plug it in?

In most cases, it's recognized as an MTP device by default.

With the transfer cable disconnected, try resetting the player by pressing the RESET button on the back of the unit with a paper clip for 15 seconds or until the unit restarts. Then try to plug it in again.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Charging-yes

Yes, it starts charging but notning else.
I tried that with the RESET button several times. I pressed the button for more than 15 seconds but the YP-T10 just switched off, didn't restart?!
I plugged it in-again nothing, just charging.

- Collapse -
Charging-yes

rambinka,

Most likely it will require service. The reset should allow you to access the unit as a MTP device, or similar to inserting a thumbdrive. If it doesn't work on a different computer, it's be safe to say that the device likely requires service.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Driver issue

I also think it's a driver issue, what can I do? Can I intall missing drivers myself?

- Collapse -
Let me repeat my question above.

1. Try it on another PC with Vista.
2. Try it on another PC with Windows 7.
3. Try it on another PC with XP.

What happens? If it works with Windows 7, and doesn't work with XP, it's a missing driver, either for the motherboard or for this specific device. Then - if you can't find the driver or the program or whatever was on the CD and you can't download it from the Samsung site either, the solution seems to be to say goodbye to XP. Windows 7 is widely acclaimed as better. And it surely works - even on this machine - if you go back to Vista using the System Recovery options.
Installing XP on machines that came with Vista is NOT easy.

Kees

CNET Forums