Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

problem with redistribute free space

by xalimp / May 16, 2009 10:22 AM PDT

hi,
I've got a problem with my computer. My C: drive is near full, it is about 2Gb unused space. I come to solve the problem with redistributing free space between hardisks software like paragon partition manager 8.5.
I've tried it. I redistribute free space between my D: and E: drives and it worked. When I try to redistribute from G: to C:, I've got nothing happened. I've done it several times and come with same result. anyone can help me to solve this problem? I need more free space for my C: drive.

for information, I've got to extended partitions: C: and G:
and two primary partition: D: and E:
I've got the windows xp professional installed in C:

please help me, best regard.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: problem with redistribute free space
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: problem with redistribute free space
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
How I solved this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 16, 2009 10:32 PM PDT

I dropped my need for partitions by using folders. Now I can have all the drive space in C: without the need for Paragon.
Bob

Collapse -
Re: How I solved this.
by xalimp / May 18, 2009 2:31 AM PDT
In reply to: How I solved this.

what do you mean of using folders so that you dropped your need for partitions? maybe I could do the same.

Collapse -
Use Windows Explorer
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / May 18, 2009 4:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: How I solved this.

It's XP's own file manager, available via Start > All Programs > Accessories > Windows Explorer.

You will see if you expand the C drive that there are a number of different folders and sub-folders. You can create your own folders wherever you like on the C drive for whatever content you like.

For example, I have folders for Games, Work, Entertainment, Utilities, Videos, Music, etc. Those folders have sub-folders as required.

That way I have no need for any disc partitions. I would say also that I backup all of my 'can't afford to lose' files, the ones I cannot replace, in case my hard drive fails at any time.

Mark

Collapse -
I used the FREE
by Cursorcowboy / May 16, 2009 11:31 PM PDT

"EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition" which was pretty simple to follow since I had to start with my sixth partition by making it smaller, working downward to the 1st partition with blank space until I had enough space to add to the root drive. Worked like a charm.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!