Question

Problem with older Fujifilm Finepix camera - help!

Please can someone tell me what is wrong with my camera?

It's an older model camera; a Fujifilm Finepix A205s camera, I have looked after it and it hasn't been used that much.

All of a sudden something has happened to it.
When I first turn on the camera and look at the display screen the image I see stays normal for a second or two then the green/pink lines appear!

When I take a shot the photo has the same green/pink lines across it Sad

The camera is always stored in my bedroom drawer away from damp or heat.
Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Any help appreciated.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Problem with older Fujifilm Finepix camera - help!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Problem with older Fujifilm Finepix camera - help!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Fujifilm A205

Introduced in June of 2003.
2 megapixels

That is an old one all right.

If it has been sitting in a drawer, start by installing new batteries.

Something to try:
If you have pictures on the memory card, view them with the camera and see if the green pink colors are gone.
That will indicate that the LCD screen is OK.
And most likely the CCD sensor assembly is defective.

If the CCD sensor is defective, it is time to start looking for a new camera.

- Collapse -
Fujifilm A205

Hi snapshot2,

CNET Forums