Question

problem with Netflix and LG 42LB5800

HI, I'm from Argentina. I bought a LG 42LB5800 Smart TV. Everything worked fine until I updated firmware from 04.01.01 to 04.02.02. Netflix app just disappeared. There's no other update available here in Argentina. I'm looking for any solution. Thanks.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: problem with Netflix and LG 42LB5800
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: problem with Netflix and LG 42LB5800
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
This is not an app from LG but Netflix.

Time to ask Netflix what's up. I take it that you have checked if Netflix is in your country, etc.

- Collapse -
yes I've checked

Yes, of course, i've checked that Netflix is in my country. Actually, I've used that app in my smart tv LG until the firmware update...

- Collapse -
That's half the checking.

OK, Netflix does abandon some models over time. As why this is as well as the rants you read when this happens is well done, all I see missing here is you asking Netflix directly what's up.

Most of the time it's simply they can't get a feature that's new to their app to fit on a TV and the model count isn't high enough to make it worth their while.

So that's 2 checks to make.

In parting, the call to LG would be another call to ask and while you're there ask how to check your country code setting. On Samsungs I've lost count of how many times I've had to do a factory reset to bring items back like that.

CNET Forums