TVs & Home Theaters forum

Question

Problem with Lumix DMC XS1 SDHC card

by mgpk / September 20, 2014 2:22 AM PDT

Bought a new DMC XS1. Works fine without micro SDHC but when card is put something unusual happens. It goes in a state of trance. Menu operate and shifts automatically. Sometimes the timer menu opens and it keeps selecting options without pressing any buttons. The camera hangs. When card is removed, it becomes normal. Without card can take only 15 photos. Sad What might be the problem in it ???

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problem with Lumix DMC XS1 SDHC card
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problem with Lumix DMC XS1 SDHC card
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I've seen this on other cameras.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 20, 2014 3:05 AM PDT

I put the card in my PC, copy out what I don't want to lose then format the card. I then put the card into the camera and format the card in the camera.
Bob

Collapse -
cannot format card inside camera
by mgpk / September 22, 2014 12:27 AM PDT

after turning on the camera, i can't do or select anything. It keeps on changing menus itself as if there's some programming error.

Collapse -
Then the card is toast.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 22, 2014 12:31 AM PDT

The one time this happened it would not format in the PC either and the card was toast.
Bob

Collapse -
card is brand new
by mgpk / September 22, 2014 2:26 AM PDT

card works fine in pc, formats in pc. Tried different cards too. took it too service center, they said it is the slot pin problem but they couldn't figure it out, so sent it back as it is. don't know whether it is slot problem or programming error.

Collapse -
Answer
Link shows support for these size cards.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 22, 2014 2:47 AM PDT
Collapse -
16 GB
by mgpk / September 23, 2014 12:20 PM PDT

using class 10 16GB

Collapse -
And it's the only card you have?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 23, 2014 12:31 PM PDT
In reply to: 16 GB

Back to the shop and have them try others.

Collapse -
The other problem I run into.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 23, 2014 12:44 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?