General discussion

problem with laptop

I have just received my "new" Compaq Evo laptop, Model: N610c, with Intel Pentium 4, Mobile CPU 1.80GH

Processor: 1800 Mhz Cash Size: 512 MB ROM Family: 68p4F

Video: ATI Keyboard Control: D4B23CE0C69

Heres what I dont understand. The main Windows system Windows XP will not load, specifically since, while the programs are loading, the screen goes black, and says that Windows must close down, to to an "error".

According to the screen message, the error code is:

347C-66D7

What does this mean, and how do I get the laptop to work correctly?

I have tried contacting the company which sold the machine, but I cannot get past the automated "Welcome To..." message.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this problem, beyond taking the machine to a repair shop?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: problem with laptop
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: problem with laptop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Since it is new.

Why not load Windows clean and see if that clears it up?

- Collapse -
just received my "new" Compaq Evo laptop

this line (plus the error code); points in only one direction, return the laptop to the seller, and demand they fix the problem.

CNET Forums

Forum Info