General discussion

Problem with HTC5200

Hi,

I have some problems with my HTC5200.
Streaming 1080p content leads to stuttering, doing this with my LE40C630 will do fine.

Other problem is, that the optical input does not work for me.
I put the optical jack from my LE40C630 into the optical in an nothing happens.

Has someone clues for me?

Thx Happy

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Problem with HTC5200
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Problem with HTC5200
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Problem with HTC5200

ellwood71,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues.

1. Does the 1080 content have the correct resolution, audio codec and video codec? Also, do you have enough bandwidth on your network?

2. Did you set "External Speakers" to ON in the Audio setup menu? You might also try a different optical cable to see if that's the issue.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Thx, here some more info

1. I tried to connect the HTC with my 100Mb-LAN connection and with my 54Mb-WLAN connection, both connections suffer from stuttering. Using the same connections with my LE40C630 will do fine, I believe that it is an FW issue, but there is no update on the support page.

2. External Speakers are set to ON, I will check another cable.

I made a call a SAMSUNG Support Germany and they told me that there might be an issue with the optical jack on the HTC. So I got a replacement, but this has both issues too.

- Collapse -
new cable did it

Hi,

thanks for your advice. After replacing the TOS cable sound is now working Happy.

The stuttering comes for all media. I checked DVD content, 1080 and 720. I used my 54Mb WLAN, 100Mb LAN and even the backside USB port with an external HD.

Even after using the new FW it still happens.

Ellwood

- Collapse -
new cable did it -

ellwood71,

Thanks for posting back. Good news on the audio.

As for the stuttering, I'm not sure why that's happening. This is happening with DVD content and 720p and 1080p files? Rather than the HD, use a high speed thumb-drive to see if that might be the cause for the HDD media files.

If it's happening from playing discs, I might suggest calling the Samsung customer service in your region. That's a lot of formats, and sounds like something that service may have to investigate.

--HDTech

CNET Forums

Forum Info