Question

problem with epson lx 1170 printer

i make a new form in server properties but when i go into printer properties the form does not show in the list of paper to choose. tractor also says unavailable. any help will be appreciated.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: problem with epson lx 1170 printer
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: problem with epson lx 1170 printer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
That's an oldie dot matrix, I believe,

and maybe an LQ 24 pin model. You'll need to provide your OS and whether or not you found a proper driver for this relic. I've noted that a generic windows 32 bit is about all Epson offers.

- Collapse -
epson lx1170

nothing really old about it, it's used to print cellphone voucher tickets in wide format using tractor. support say they have never seen this problem. thinking either printer fault or needs new installation of win xp serv 2. installation looks very good and there r no viruses present. hoping 4 something more helpful.

- Collapse -
Re: new installation or printer fault

That's easy to check on another machine (your test machine). If it works there, it's something on this machine. If it fails there also, we start suspecting the hardware.

Not clear, by the way, what your OS is: "win xp serv 2" means "Windows XP SP2"? And why not SP3?

Kees

- Collapse -
printer fault

i get where u going. i was trying to avoid taking his printer from his office but it looks like heading that way thanx anyway. I prefer sp2 to sp3 because I get smoother networking linked with win7 in my internet cafe.

CNET Forums